Our Vision, Values and Ethos
Our ethos is deeply rooted within one ideal.
To enable personal ambition, personal achievement and collective adaptability, so that all our young people can become fully engaged in their community.
- All pupils have a safe and appropriate environment that meets their emotional, social, spiritual and physical needs.
- The boundaries of behaviour are clearly defined, understood and respected by staff and pupils. These boundaries are based on trust, acceptance and mutual support.
- To provide an inclusive school experience built on principles that are the foundations for a healthy lifestyle.
- Educate pupils to make informed, knowledgeable and balanced lifestyle choices.
Enjoy and Achieve
- To provide all pupils with equal access to an appropriate personalised curriculum that meets their individual needs.
- To use assessment and target setting as tools to secure an appropriate learning experience for each pupil.
- To encourage all pupils to contribute to the school community in a positive manner.
- To actively involve all pupils in the decision making processes within the school and promote the exercise of personal choice.
- To acknowledge the positive contributions of our staff and pupils at every opportunity.
Active Economic Wellbeing
- To encourage pupils to develop an awareness of themselves as individuals.
- To develop pupils’ independent aspirations as they journey through school towards adulthood and move on from a learning community to an adult living environment.
- To encourage pupils to understand and participate in the school, local and wider community.
- To develop an awareness and appreciation of diversities within the global community and their role within it.
- To support the development of skills which will enable pupils to achieve personal goals and thrive within a global community.
is our vision statement and this clearly identifies the role we feel the ability to communicate clearly plays in the development of our pupils as they make the most of all opportunities in anticipation of their role in the world beyond school. We firmly believe that;
To meet diverse needs, to be ambitious, creative and person centred.